'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday 7 December 2019

Hello bloggers!
Just a quick couple of Poinsettia cards to show you.
I'm still gradually unmounting a lot of my older stamps and this Hero Arts poinsettia is one of them - as is the Happy Christmas text behind it. 
For some strange reason, I've gone all glittery and shiny this Christmas, for some reason - not my usual style at all, but I'm enjoying it. The multilingual Christmas text on this is embossed with Judikins Egyptian gold, which is slightly sparkly and a gorgeous shade of gold. I'm trying to find some from somewhere - this is running out and my beautiful, no longer with us, friend sent me what I'm now using.  I had a bit of a problem with the Oxide inkpad - it exploded when I inked up the stamp! I haven't reinked it, but it was kind of 'leaking' and put way too much ink on the stamp! So this is a second or third generation stamping. It's (roughly) edged in Delicata Gold Shimmer, my favourite gold inkpad.
You can see the EP a bit better here... the glittery bits are Brusho Sprinkle it Pearl. 
This one is similar, but I stamped holly down one side of the Kraft card.
If you could see better, you'd see that I managed to stamp the words upside down - duh! I used Delicata to stamp everything but the Poinsettia.
I thought I'd taken a photo but no, I haven't...sorry. It looks much clearer in real life. I don't have time for that now, sorry, because my brother and his 'other half' are coming over today, taking me out and staying the night.
Simon Says Stamp Mondays have a Let's Sparkle challenge, so I'm linking to them and to
Simon Says Stamp Wednesdays, Traditional Christmas.

Thanks for calling in
Back soon
Cath
xxx

6 very kind comments from lovely people:

Neet said...

Enjoy your day and night away!
Two lovely cards, I do like poinsettia's on cards, have tried to keep the real ones but managed for a few months at the most.
I am guessing the source of your Egyptian Gold was someone whose name began with "M". Funnily enough I was addressing envelopes for cards, had taken a pile of them from where I keep them and suddenly one turned up with her name and address on. It sort of hurt to throw it away.
Hugs, Neet xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That's a beautiful poinsettia. I like the background, too, even if it is upside down. Besides, you can't get too much bling at Christmas. Christmas brings out the sparkle in all of us.

My name is Erika. said...

I thought I recognized that stamp. I have it too. Nice cards; that delicate shimmer really adds some super detail. Hugs-Erika

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Really love these ones Cath. Beautiful how the gold pushes through the inks. Poinsettia's are a well loved choice for Christmas cards. Interesting about the ink as I had a black soot oxide that caused me no end of problems. I ended up leaving the lid off it to try and dry it out a little as I rarely use that one, I save it for messy days.
Hope you had a good evening and enjoyed spending time with family.
Hugs Tracey xx

DVArtist said...

Cath I agree with Tracey. Your art is always so lovely.

craftytrog said...

These are a beautiful pair of cards Cath. You can't beat a poinsettia! xxx