'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 19 November 2019

I created this background by using a babywipe to wipe colour off an Oxide background through this (favourite) stencil... it's also in one of my favourite colour themes - not those below, but those of the card.
I really wanted to join the current challenge at Day of the Month Card Club, which is 'Looking for Circles Day'. I noticed this stamp set when rooting through my collection for something else and thought they'd be perfect. Since November is my month of thankfulness, I thought these words would fit perfectly. I clear embossed them and simply added bits of white gel pen for contrast.
I'm also linking this to Art Every Day Month 
(because my journal page isn't finished)
and I'm joining
Stamplorations, Stamps and Circles
Words 2 Craft By, Thankful
"When asked if my cup is half-empty or half-full, my only response is that I am thankful I have a cup"
Simon Says Stamp Wednesdays, Thank you, Thanksgiving
Shopping Our Stash, So Thankful
Dare 2B Artzy, Thankful

Thanks for calling in
Back soon
Cath
xxx

17 very kind comments from lovely people:

Donna said...

WOW what a stunning background!
Just beautiful!
Thank you for being thankful with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!

Jane said...

Your circles background is so pretty as is your card. Thanks so much for joining our stamps and circles November challenge over at STAMPlorations xx

Neet said...

I can see why this is a favourite stencil - it is fab! Love how you created the card using it just down the edge. Another brilliant card Cath.
Hugs, Neet xx

craftytrog said...

It's a beautiful card Cath! X

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely and creative card ~ love it!

Happy Day to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

My name is Erika. said...

I swoon for circles. You can probably guess that means I really like this Cath. And those blues too! Hope you had a great Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

papierelle said...

A beautiful modern card with a beautiful background and a perfect design!!
Thank ou for joining with us at DotMCC. Gundi

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I'm late to the party. I have stencil envy. This is incredible. I love how you blended the colors together and how well everything turned out. I'm so glad you chose something personal to be thankful for. This card is beautiful and you used the stencil SO well, too.

carol l mckenna said...

Beautiful artwork creation ~ dynamic colors and message ^_^

Happy Day to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Craft-E-Place said...

Simply fabulous - that background is brilliant I'm delighted you describe how you did it!
Thanks for joining in with the Theme and Photo challenge at STAMPlorations.
Elaine

Rosmarie said...

Oh wow, circles, circles everywhere I look! The icy colours are a perfect match! Thank you so much for joining us at DotMCC. Rosi x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous background and stamps-great technique and love all the circles.
Carol x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Circle heaven!!!! What a cool card! Thank you so much for playing along with us at DotMCC!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Those are the best colors alright. I have to wonder if you are a water sign like me. I'm a Pisces. Very pretty card. xoxo

Doris P. said...

Love the Colors and contrast of Background and Motive.

Sybrina K said...

Cath, What a beautiful card... and a perfect card for 'Looking for Circles' challenge! Love the colors and that gorgeous background! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Words 2 Craft By. :)

Celeste Goff said...

Such a pretty card! Love the stenciled background and the silhouette image. Thank you for joining us at W2CB!