'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 12 November 2019

Good morning peeps.
Today we have a new challenge
at
COLD, COLD, COLD
I hope you'll join us. Don't forget that you can use any medium you like and interpret the theme any way you like.
For inspiration, please check the gorgeous artwork from the TIOT Design Team.
I look forward to visiting your blog 😊

I bought this Crafty Individuals stamp at Port Sonlight last year, but haven't used it until now. It's a brilliantly drawn image and it's easy to imagine expression on the faces of these wonderful penguins, just from body language. They also need VERY little colouring.

The background is a variety of Distress inks (Tumbled Glass, Shaded Lilac, Blueprint Sketch and Hickory Smoke) and a touch of 2 Glimmer Mists, sponged over a torn bit of paper to creat mounds of snow and ice. I finished it off by adding texture paste through a snow stencil. I had planned on adding to the background (before I added the texture paste), but when I looked at it again, it seemed snowy and cold enough.

I'm joining Leah's Art Every Day in November challenge and for Thankful November 12, I'm thankful for animals and pets.
I'm also joining Sweet Stampin's Make Your Own Background challenge 
and
Addicted to Stamps, Anything Goes


Thank you for calling in today
Back soon
Cath
xxx

19 very kind comments from lovely people:

Chris said...

Fabulous quirky penguins, gorgeous snowy background, perfect for this week's challenge at Sweet Stampin', thanks for playing along.
Chris
x

My name is Erika. said...

Those penguins are adorable. That was a good purchase, even if it did take you a bit to use it. And you used it so well. This card is very cute! That texture paste made a very nice snow effect! Smart. See you tomorrow at Create Art Every Day. Hugs-Erika

Rosie said...

A fabulous postcard

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful card! I'm loving those adorable penguins and the snowfall that you created with the texture paste looks amazing 😁. Wishing you a wonderful new week! Hugs, Jo x

brenda said...

You have really nailed the cold, cold, cold feel Cath and they are such fun Penguins.

B x

craftytrog said...

I absolutely love your card Cath! Those penguins are adorable! Oh dear, tempted to buy another stamp!
Alison xx

María said...

That background with those colours and texture is like you were in the middle of that snowfall. I love this card. Hugs, María.

NatureFootstep said...

it looks really cold, and wet for those guys. :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love those two enjoying the snow! I am a bit pressed for time at the moment - a caravan full stuff to sort and having got home late Sunday we are off (after a blood test) tomorrow morning for another few days! I don't know what possessed me to take up on two challenges but I am determined not to give up on them - a few minutes a day to keep me sane!! Big hugs, Chrisxx

Mrs.B said...

I love those penguins and yes, their faces say it all!
Love the colouring and the background looks fabulous and very cold.
Avril xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous background and definitely cold and Wintry love the brilliant quirky penguins stamp-bet you will use it more often now!
carol x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Gotta LOVE those penguins. They not only look cold, they look hungry, too. This is simply adorable. That background is great and the texture paste made me think of snow. It really IS cold outside, so I shivered when I saw this. Great job, Cath.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

It really is cold at the moment, although the sun is shining here at the moment. Your card is fabulous and absolutely perfect for your theme. I love the stamp and your background is superb. It a great card and I love it! x

Marjut said...

Beautiful card, fantastic background.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous background and love your cute fun card.
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Addicted to Stamps..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Neet said...

Yes, the penguins are lovely and expressive in their body language but it is the background you have created that does it for me. It is absolutely bloomin' fantastic!! Oh Cath, I wish I lived closer so I could come and you could teach me how to do a background like this - it is so cold and wintry - it is perfect!
Hugs, Neet xx

Sammy said...

this is just fab! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Dawn T said...

totally stunning background. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin 'this week.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Gorgeous background. Perfect stamps for the challenge, xoxo