'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday 9 November 2019

Today's page is another stencil clean off from a few days ago, when I was using Oxide reinkers. I scraped some embossing paste through a stencil on the day I made it and left it. So today, I decided to work with what was there and since one of the larger circles looked like a moon to me, that's what it became... and the white lines became a snowy effect. That's possibly because I'm REALLY cold today, so it's on my mind.

I knew I wanted an image slightly over the 'moon' so I had a rummage through my stamped images, found what I thought was the perfect one and (seriously - laboriously) fussy cut it, coloured it, then decided it wasn't what I wanted 😒
So...when looking through my stamps some birdies caught my eye, but they weren't quite right - then I remembered these whimsical owls! So I stamped them on the page and again on some card, knowing that the texture would stop me getting a clear image. After colouring them (with Promarkers) I cut out the larger bits and stuck them over the stamped image on the page, edging it with Hickory Smoke Oxide. 

I like the idea of these two huddling together in the cold moonlight, so I chose friends as my focus for today. I'm thankful for friends and for all the richness they bring to my life. Some friends are only close for a season, but bring enormous joy and blessing to that season - while other friendships last for most of our lives and are all the more precious because of that, made so much deeper by of all you go through together - a shared history. 


I'm joining Leah's Art Every Day Month with this,
Moo Mania & More's Circles challenge
and also 
Thank you for popping in 
Back soon
Cath
xxx

19 very kind comments from lovely people:

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh my, aren't those owls the super cute - I love it! The colours and background looks amazing, it's the perfect backdrop for those fabulous owls too 😁. A wonderful way to celebrate friendship! Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

Those are the most adorable owls. I love the square eyes. You always make such fun art. This one is no exception. Happy Saturday. Hope your day is going well. Hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

I love those owls Cath, and your background is beautiful!
Alison xx

NatureFootstep said...

lol, I love your owls :) Brought out todays smile :)

DVArtist said...

I really like this piece. The owls are just tooo darn cute.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous background and love the cute owls with their square eyes
carol x

Gillena Cox said...

Love your owls, they have me thinking circles circles😊

Much👩‍🎨love

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is quite an unusual journal page, Cath. Those images of the owls are adorable. So different, possibly because I've never seen them before. You make the most clever art and I'm loving your month of gratitude.

Rosie said...

This is sooo fabulous, Cath

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE again

froebelsternchen said...

Simply gorgeous Cath! Thank you very much for joining us over at Moo Mania & More!
Susi xxx

María said...

I love that background it has a fabulous textures and the colours are perfect for it, and those owls are super cute. The sentiment is beautiful. Hugs, María

Meggymay said...

Its a super background stencil clean up and a sweet card.
Yvonne xx

Evelyn Walter said...

Cute owls! Your background is stunning, such a good idea to use one of the circles as moon.
Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Country View Challenges this month!
Evelyn

TammyVitale said...

My mother had an affinity for owls. I love this.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

The owls are perfect and well wroth the hunt. They're so cute! I love the little hearts all over and under them. Great mop up background too. Eileen xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

How lovely! Super background! Chrisx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Cath, beautiful colours and what a fun image. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts and have a very happy week, Sue xx

Neet said...

As I suspected on my way through (working backwards) you have used friendship on one of your pages - I knew deep down you would use it some time.
Love this page, those owls are so cute with their rectangular eyes (which when I look at them I see two little birds kissing - try it) but again I am blown away with your background. You really are the Queen of Backgrounds Cath. Love the colours, the shapes and the contrast of the pink hearts - a fab page again.
Hugs, Neet xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Cath, those owls on a branch were the perfect thing to add to "what you had". Love how the stencil pasted lines look like buildings/homes/apts down below. The proportions are perfect even. And that's a wonderful moon, Bravo! xoxo