'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday 27 November 2019

Beware what you say...words have power!
I'm thankful today for the power of words.
One kind word can change someone's entire day - and vice-versa. 
It's taken me a long time to learn that a harsh or critical word can badly affect the rest of the day for both the speaker and the hearer 😉
This was a quick page - or would've been had the white Posca Pen cooperated 😖 Please tell me why of all Posca pens it's only the white ones that inevitably seem to be temperamental, lol? Fortunately, I'm laughing and I don't mind the odd smudge.
The stamps just dropped through my letterbox, Thanks to Visible Image 😊 but I finished it in the dark! That's my excuse, anyway...
Background Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylics.
(Off to touch up those words..the white gel pen needs toning down on the words!)
Thank you for calling in today
Back soon
Cath
xxx

8 very kind comments from lovely people:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is stunning, Cath. Both beautiful and pleasing.

I have a white gelly roll pen and it is the same. It skips, too. But I was working on a journal page recently where even the pink gel pen I used either skipped or it was me not being able to write well. I think you did a GREAT job and that is such a true gratitude. Kind words are so uplifting, but cruel words last far longer and hurt much worse.

craftytrog said...

Fabulous page Cath, I love the theme! xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous page Cath love all the stamps -I have a white graphik pen which works or blobs depending on how important the card is!!!-I so agree with the sentiment I once overheard a comment about my appearance when I was in my teens but has affected me all my life!!!
Carol x

pearshapedcrafting said...

So true! Unkind words are the worst - my Gran used to say "If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all" I love how you captured this in your page! Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

How true that is about kind words. I think being "young" people just don't get the kindness thing quite the same way. It is live and learn I guess. Love the page today. Those old typewriters were not very movable but sure used to type well. Hugs-Erika

Aimeslee Winans said...

A very pleasing page visually to me. Cath, I love the look of those old typewriters but each one invariably had a stuck key or one that just didn't strike well. My favorite in terms of useability were the old IBM Selectrics with the round print heads and wide and low heavy oatmeal colored bodies. No color choices back in the 70's hahaha. Office machines were cool then. Did you ever use one at a job or did the Brits use Olivettis? White pens are the devil. The Uni Signo gel pen clogs and the Posca belches blobs at the most opportune moments! I've got sort of a work around though. Try this next time: On a piece of palette paper or wax paper (something nonporous), go ahead and belch out a big old blob. Then, dip the pen nib in it and use the paint that way. Depending on what I'm doing, it's worked for me. Otherwise, SOL because none of them work as advertised. xoxo

NatureFootstep said...

wowm made me remember my very first job. :) I worked on a typewriter like this one and was very sour on my fingers. It was sooo hard to get the types down :) Nice memory :) Thanks!

Neet said...

Very true Cath - both the words and the fact that the white pens give endless problems. This is food for thought.
A page that touches the heart.
Hugs, Neet xx