'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday 18 November 2019

Today, I'm celebrating books... oh, the joy of reading a good book 😊
I have to admit that I still prefer paper books, something I can curl up with, put a bookmark in and even pass on to a friend to share the pleasure...
Kindle books are far more convenient at times, but it definitely isn't quite the same - nor is the internet. I think I prefer to root through a good old reference book to find information, unless it's something I need to know quickly.
I tend only to keep those I really love though now and occasionally go back and reread some of them, loving the pleasure of 'slipping back into that world'. I've even cried when I've come to the end of some books, especially when it's a series of books, simply because I'll miss the characters...that's a good sign of a well written book 😉
Linking to Art Every Day Month.
These two colours rarely scan correctly and I don't think my trying to put that right has helped... it's Toasted Marmalade and Peacock Feathers with Mermaid Lagoon stencilling. 

Thanks for popping in
Back soon
Cath
xxx

6 very kind comments from lovely people:

craftytrog said...

Fabulous page Cath! Books are wonderful things! Xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm like you, Cath. I love real books. In fact, I don't own a Kindle, so books are my escape, too. This is a gorgeous journal page, and I love the colors you chose. I can envision how beautiful this is in person.

My name is Erika. said...

I am also a book lover. I don't have a kindle, but I do listen to books while I drive or make art. But books are the best. I tend to keep way too many...and so your page could me me. I adore that image, and your page is fabulous. Books are a nice thing to be thankful for. Hugs-Erika

María said...

Another book lover here as you I prefer real books, maybe it's something silly but I love the smell of pages, hehehe.

And about your page I like it a lot, that stamp is very funny and I like the combination of colours you've used.

Hugs, María.

NatureFootstep said...

wow, that girl has a LOT of books. I constantly read but not that many at the time :)

re the scalpel. I held it with the fingers on the blade not on the shaft. Maybe that is why I made it with this ballerina. :)

Aimeslee Winans said...

Cath, I am behind but I figure if you are going to post every day, I can support you in that! :-) Well, that's of course a lovely page any book lover would say. I do both, but my wrists forced me onto a Kindle. I read quite a few biographies and fat histories. Before that I was paper all the way, lol. xoxo