'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday 23 November 2019

Today's playtime is just that - a playtime - my thank you is for imagination and for art 'just because' - art for fun! The measure of play isn't in the end result, but in the fun along the way...my thought for the day 😎
This little birdie popped into my mind so I decided to play with him and with whatever was hanging around on my desk, with no aim in mind. 

I didn't get around to blogging yesterday, but I made a card - for fun - using the 'Oddball fairy' on a Carabelle Studio alphabet background...I wanted some sparkle but didn't want to use glitter, so I used an Opalite gold shimmer reinker to colour her wings, splattering some for the fun of it. It's irridescent, so it surprises you when the light falls on it.
As you can see above, the little black mark isn't actually on the card, so it must be on my scanner - again! 
(Note to self: I really ought to wait until things dry before scanning them.)
I'm linking to Art Every Day Month 
and to
Just Add Ink, Stars, Spots and Sparkle (add 2)
Thank you for calling in...
Back soon
Cath
xxx

14 very kind comments from lovely people:

María said...

I like that page a lot and the idea that has inspired it, sometimes we focus in doing something beautiful for example we don't enjoy we are doing, I like a lot when I start something and I play with all my stuff without a plan.

The card is super cute, beautiful background and I love that iridescent effect.

Hugs, María.

craftytrog said...

That's a gorgeous fairy card, and I love your birdy page Cath! Xx by

My name is Erika. said...

These are really fun! Rolling skating birds....I LOVE it. I think all your work looks like you are having fun Cath. I love those bright cheery colors-my favorite art picks too. I hope you have lots of fun this weekend my friend. Hugs-Erika

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous journal page love the cute birds on the tape measure-love the oddball Fairy and all the sparkle
Carol x

NatureFootstep said...

maybe your birdies needed some help when going south :)

Meggymay said...

A fabulous card and journal page Cath, yes some days it is goof to craft .just for fun.
Yvonne xx

Lowcarb team member said...

I love your birds and your card :)

All the best Jan

DVArtist said...

Ohhhh Cath both of these are just too cute. I can see the fun you had in creating these. Your faerie is my favorite

Patrice said...

That little Oddball Fairy is too cute! Love the sentiment you've used too - absolute truth. Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous creation with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

NatureFootstep said...

love your sparcle :)

For AEDM24 I did put my link in the comments on the post, do that you too. It seems like Linky is changing the rules so......

Jan said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous Cath! Your fairy is super cute and I love that you've used the word sparkle as well as actual sparkle - so fun! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Aimeslee Winans said...

RuhRoh those skating birds got loose again, lol! They are too funny. And so are you with the drying impatience. I'm one of those "leave it sit until morning" kind of artist/craftster. I think I get tired of doing whatever I'm doing and yearn to go do something else awhile. I could pile on so much more junk on my cards but what saves me is I get tired of it and quit once it looks decent to good. Haha I also love looking at a work in progress with fresh eyes having slept some. xoxo

Neet said...

A super fun page which makes me feel all fuzzy and warm - it is a happy page and I hoe you felt that way when creating it.
Lovely card, that little fairy is so cute and I can imagine her wings have a fabulous look to them. This would make a great alternative type of Christmas card and could have the words added that you "don't let anyone dull your sparkle this Christmas".
Hugs, Neet xx

Chantell Randall said...

How sweet - a lovely an uplifting card that really brings a smile to my face. Chantell Just Add Ink