'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday 20 November 2019

My November thankfulness yesterday was for night skies... the good side of colder, clearer weather is clear skies and it's so good to see stars! We don't see that many in NW UK- too much light pollution. My best memories of stars are from times spent with a very dear friend in late summer in the Loiret. They're far enough out of Paris to be in the agricultural area and the skies there are amazing! I was often there late August/early September, so we'd spend evenings lying in the garden, counting all the shooting stars. 
It's amazing how insignificant the vast expanse of sky can make you feel... it has a way of putting things into context. Those of you who live close to wide open areas where you see thousands of them are so blessed. Maybe one day I'll get to see them! 
My family in NZ tell me the skies there are amazing 😊

I didn't get to finish it, 'cos having added the texture paste stars the night before, I hadn't realised they'd soak up the inks - blue stars, eek! I should have, but I didn't... yesterday I was MIA, so had to go back to it late. I finished it, it was late. 
The Visible Image Man looks the way I feel. The moon image (from my stash - thanks, Sarah) fits the song in my head. 

I'm linking to Art Every Day Month
and to
Simon Says Stamp Wed, Starry Skies.

Today, I'm thankful for a new day and the chance to start again 😉

It's a stencilled Oxide background again. I stamped, embossed and coloured the image, then cut it out and added it over the one I'd stamped in my journal. I changed my mind about the way I was doing it as I was about to glue it...and used the width of the paper as the table. So I then cut out the images on the stamped work table. I love both sets of words, so had to use them. The second one is a tiny font, sorry. It says, "The pages of yesterday cannot be revised, but the pages of tomorrow are blank, and you hold the pen. Make it an inspiring story." 
I like that. It's a blessing to to let some days go, but tomorrow is always a new day and doesn't have to be the same - thankfully. I added a (rough) nose and mouth to the face...I just can't handle blank faces 😨
Thank you for calling in
Back soon
Cath
xxx

7 very kind comments from lovely people:

Meggymay said...

I've been catching up tonight Cath, you have shared amazing pieces of art these past few days. The quotes for a new day beginning were lovely.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Oh the stars are amazing, aren't they? We have them here but we have so many clouds lately, it seems so long since you can see them. Your page is beautiful, even with the blue stars. I really like them. I bet the stars are great in NZ. I wonder how different the southern sky actually looks? 9They show it different in pictures). And your cute little girl works so well on your page. Yup, a fresh start is always good. Hope the week is going well. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Somehow I missed this Cath. I even forgot to post my latest AEDM entry. I love the stars and they are great things to be thankful for. And you learned something from your rework, too. Last night I fell on my left arm and it's too painful to use it. Typing with my right hand only, so keeping things short.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such beautiful pages! I love the dark blues of your starry night page and the quotes on your fresh start page are wonderful and so true 😁. Wishing you a happy week! Hugs, Jo x

carol l mckenna said...

Love the blue and the star ~ dynamic creation and again great message ~

Happy Day to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

crafty-stamper said...

Great page love the white silhouette shape and blue stars look fine-perfect sentiment and quotes on your fresh start page love the image too
Carol x

Aimeslee Winans said...

The wonder of God's work is most evident in the sky, every place it looks different from and yet it is the same sky. We have some hum-dingers here in Texas but like you say, only out in the boonies. Now, onto your sentiment and message. It touched me because my dad raised us with the same idea. And because of that I believe it nurtured an eternal optimism in me and faith that no matter how much I messed up yesterday, today's a new start to show lessons learned and wisdom gained. <3 xoxo