'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday 11 November 2018

Remembrance Day  is definitely a day for gratitude and thanksgiving, so I played around with some poppies.

First, a napkin, using non traditional colours…

NG11 REMEMBER

Followed by another napkin…I found a few in my stash…

FOREVER GRATEFUL

I stamped the ‘Cry, laugh, remember perfectly straight, then stamped my ‘Forever Grateful’ ridiculously crookedly, so I tried to even them both up by trimming… it really didn’t work. Suffice it to say this will never be mounted onto a card Winking smile I was going to stamp in the background, too but gave up after that.

I decided to use an embossing folder to depict the ripples from the sacrifice of so many… have to admit, I don’t like it very much and should, maybe, have used white again Sad smile

NG11 FOREVER GRATEFUL

Then I remembered my poppy die… so I indulged my current passion for grey…

POPPY THANKS

And finally… I used one of my favourite non traditional poppy stamps. I love this Stampington image but rarely use it. The netting on the edges is also Stampington.

QUIET STRENGTH 1

I’ll link this to the current challenge over at

Allsorts – Poppies or Red 

Happy Little Stampers Dies – ATG with dies

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday – Thanksgiving

and to

Art Every Day Month for November

Thanks for looking

See you soon

Cath

xxx

13 very kind comments from lovely people:

My name is Erika. said...

Fabulous assorted poppies Cath. You have created so many beautiful versions with paints and inks and stamps. Thanks for sharing. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Hugs-Erika

brenda said...

A beautiful display of all thing Poppy Cath, I know I am biased as I adore them and use them so often but it is always a pleasure to see other peoples takes using the same products to achieve stunning results. Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

My name is Erika. said...

Thanks Cath for letting me know about ANzac Day. When I looked that up on internet it said it was another name for today. I will go and fix that.

johanna said...

i love all your variations on the theme... each card and page is so beautiful. let´s be grateful for peace - not everybody has it...
xox

Sally H said...

Stunning cards and journalling, Cath! I love them all

froebelsternchen said...

Your variations on the theme are fantastic Cath!

Gorgeous!
Hugs, Susi

pearshapedcrafting said...

These are all so very beautiful Cath! I love the last two most of all, but then I do love long stems on flowers! Have a good week! Chrisx

Meggymay said...

These are all beautiful pieces Cath. Your poppy images are gorgeous and I really like the words you added today.
Yvonne xx

Kathleen said...

A really fabulous collection of cards, some really gorgeous images and designs. Thank you so much for joining our 'Poppies/Red challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

crafty-stamper said...

These are all absolutely beautiful projects -I love the ripple effect embossing folder and who would even know the sentiments were meant to be straight?
Carol x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm simply amazed at all the different ways you were able to create poppies today. They are all stunning. I couldn't see anything wrong with the one you thought was off. I think it is as lovely as all the rest. As always, I am truly impressed with your art.

ankitag612 said...

Such a stunning collection! I love all the cards but my favorite is the flowers against a white background with the subtle stamping of sentiments. It is beautifully elegant. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

Mummylade said...

Amazing projects!! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.