'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday 2 November 2018

Yesterday, I decided to TRY to make November a month of Thankfulness – hoping to create every day SmileEven if I manage that (ahem!) I may not get to blog every day, but I’ll try to blog as often as I can, lol.

So, as it’s already November 2nd, I will post two Thankfulness items now…

This is a watercolour version of a card I made earlier, using only in orange, green and brown. No matter what I do, that bottom sentiment does NOT look straight to me – I’ve torn it apart and remounted it once because it looked crooked on the scan! Even though it looks okay to me IRL, it’s still annoying me, so I’ll just have to go with it, lol. I don’t think it helps that the leaves appear to lean downwards towards the right hand side, but that’s only because I trimmed the others off!

NG1

This one is a simple offering I made just now, using Dried Marigold, Victorian Violet and Rusty Hinge Oxides. I added some Persimmon over the Rusty Hinge borders, with a cotton bud, to get a lined effect – just  because it seemed to need it Winking smile

NG2

I fell in love with this image and the words when I saw them on Linda’s blog during TIOT’s Black, White and one colour challenge … designed by Andrea - of Snapping Monsters, they are gorgeous and so playful. Her other designs are on my wishlist Smile

I wanted to play with Stripes and Dots because I’d seen that was the theme at Double D Challenges and I also needed to do a Black, White and a splash of colour challenge for KCUK, so I used black and white for that reason. The wording doesn’t lend itself to perfection, so I made it a bit rough and ready…

ARTSY GIRL 1

I had so much fun playing with them, I made this – which started out as a card but because I kept adding more and more black, become a journal page… she would also fit the Double D challenge. I don’t know why she has to have purple or pink hair but she just does…

ARTSY GIRL 2C

I’d also like to enter the following challenges:-

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, ATG

Time Out – Let us be grateful for what makes us happy

DL Art Thankful Thursday Challenge, Always Thankful

Addicted to Stamps and More, ATG

BTW – don’t forget the current Challenge over at Try it on Tuesday is Thankful – it’s a great theme and we’d love to see you taking part Smile

That’s all for now

Back soon!

Thanks for looking

Cath

xxx

12 very kind comments from lovely people:

froebelsternchen said...

They are all so beautiful designs and you made two super cards with the new girl stamp - she is really lovely! I can't help falling in love with the first one! AMAZING!

Happy weekend dear Cath!
Hugs, Susi

Meggymay said...

A wonderful selection of fabulous pieces. Your new stamps look great and purple hair looks good to me, she looks cute and adorable.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such amazing cards! I love your autumn leaves, they are painted so beautifully 😀. Wishing you a wonderful weekend! J 😊 x

Darlene said...

Awesome creations! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Stripes & Dots’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Judy Woodland said...

Wonderful cards, and I love that greeting. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Stripes and Dots Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!

brenda said...

Where to start Cath!!

The last really appeals with the colours and design, always rather like sentiments added in thisd way, the b&w one using the sam image is really eye catching. The the floral one which if course is a hit with me, but Autumn leaves have to win, althouhg I dislike the season weather wise I adore the colours Nature brings us.

B x

Leslie Miller said...

I like your idea of creating a thankfulness theme for every day in November. There are so many occasions for thank you cards and each of these have a purpose, plus it's fun to have a journal page. Your leaves in the first card are very pretty, and I think that's just one of those kinds of sentiments that's hard to tell if you've gotten it straight. I sure have some of those! You aced our Stripes and Dots challenge at Double D. I love the sentiment. Thanks so much for your entry!

Ina G said...

You have been really busy creating such lovlies Cath! I think you did an amazing job on the autumn leaves and it does look 'straight' to me. Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week.

maria f. said...

Such fun creations, although I came over to tell you how beautiful I find your row of leaves card. Great sentiment too.

debby4000 said...

What a fabulous selection cards but do love the Autumn ones.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Jill V said...

What an amazing idea to create a thankful card every day - you are off to a great start with these beauties :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

Julie B said...

Super autumnal card with v realistic leaves.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. :)