'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday 18 November 2018

Catching up with my Month of Thankfulness.

So yesterday, I was thankful for Fun and Laughter… this page started life as a card, but I soon realised it wouldn’t be appropriate as a card, so I pulled out my 6x6 Kraft paper journal (reminded by Yvonne!) and attached it to a page, after stamping the words and drawing the speech bubble … then added Les Rats des Villes (Katzelcraft) as my imagination ran riot. I love the one slinking away on his belly…

NG 17 FUN

I gessoed another page, then added Oxides through a stencil, using bright colours as a contrast to Weathered Wood, stamping the large Laughter (Hero Arts) a few times off the page. There were some larger die cut letters in my little box, and because I’d been colouring and cutting out les rats, I decided to stand them on the letters, with the top one running away from the girl with the shotgun...  It’s a bit busy, so the rats are almost lost, but  I just played around a bit until I realised I’d better stop before I made it any worse! Theoretically, it’s a continuation of the first page, but is actually on the page before… duh! It just happened!

NG17B FUN AND LAUGHTER

I wanted to make another ‘Resist’ card for Fashionable Stamping Challenge, so I stamped an old word stamp on glossy card in Versamark, heat setting, then sponging Adirondack inks over the top, stamping the word background in the same colours as the background.

I was imagining butterflies on this, but took the easy way  cos I’ve cut out too many images and looked through my cut out basket. Ihis TH image worked well with the background words and I liked the fact that I wouldn’t have chosen pink for him… Hunting for some suitable words in my word box, I found these…

So today, I’m thankful for !IMAGINATION!

NG18B IMAGINATION

Allsorts’ challenge is CAS Christmas…I don’t make many Christmas cards, but I wanted to try out this die.

The black lettering is a little harsh, but I tried blue first and it was a little lost… if I do this again, I’ll stamp some watermark snowflakes in the background.

CAS WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS

Finally, another Die cut… smooshed with Oxide inks, stencilled, the happy duck added,then the die cut Birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIE

I’ve never used as many die cuts in my life, lol. I love some of the latest designs but seem to acquire them just to look at - not to use… I especially like word dies.

I’m linking this to AEDM, Art Every Day Month

Watercooler Wednesday Challenges – Occasions

Penny Black and More – Make Someone Smile

Addicted to Stamps and More – Holiday

Thanks for visiting

See you soon

Cath

xxx

12 very kind comments from lovely people:

Meggymay said...

Wow Cath I am so enjoying your posts and all the inspirational cards you are making.
I love the journal pages and those 'rat' stamps you were using. They look fun and the stories you could weave around these stamps would make a long list.
Yvonne xx

johanna said...

hahaha, these rat pages really are FUN!! love them both! the others are beautiful, too - and i would not say the black "wonderful" is too harsh... i can see the advantage of word dies, but i have none. and i often find myself too lazy to grab the bigshot stuff. maybe i should make some cuts in reserve... but then, the color doesn´t fit etc... - love the stencil behind the goose (and the goose as well;))
have a great week:)

My name is Erika. said...

I think I need a Kraft journal because they are really causing some inspiring great art to be made in them. These mice are a riot Cath. As are your pages and cards today. I'd say you have a lot to be thankful for at least in the art world. :) Have a great new week. Hugs-Erika

brenda said...

Catching up after almost five days without interent, makes me realise just how reliant we are on it. Such lovely colourful creations today.

B x

WendyK said...

Really love all these, especially the rat ones, they are good fun.

Neet said...

As usual some fab work on display from your inky fingers.
Love the shotgun page but i also like the following/before page too - I don't find it too busy either - just fab!
In love with the duck - he made me smile - a lot.
Hugs, Neet xx

Anonymous said...

a fun and bright birthday card! thank you so much for playing along with us at the penny black and more challenge.
linda

Bobby said...

What a wonderful group of cards, Cath. I'm so glad you shared your lovely snowflake card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such happy and fun cards! The designs and words really made me smile - fabulous 😀. Wishing you a happy new week! J 😊 x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Heaven forbid, Cath. What a wide array of things to be thankful for. I laughed at the two journal pages that put those mice center stage. The backgrounds were incredible, too. I didn't think the pages were busy at all. Both were so well done.

Your cards are the envy of the neighborhood, I'm sure. You certainly used your imagination beautifully.

I can see if I want to make great cards, I would need lots of dies and a die cutter. Yours are truly incredible.

Wendy L said...

I think it looks wonderful, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. Xxxx

Yvonne Garner said...

An incredible array of cards! The one you submitted to a Fashionable Stamping Challenge works well for our theme. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at FSC!