'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday 7 November 2018

Today is a really easy day to find something to be thankful for – it’s Izzi’s birthday! She’s six today and I thank God for her every day Smile

I indulged myself in using Victorian Velvet and Weathered Wood for this because it didn’t start out as Izzi’s birthday card – or it may well have been multi coloured, with stars in the background. I intended it to be a card to Make Someone Smile, for the Penny Black and More challenge. However, along the way, I added the balloons and had the idea of adding the number 6 and then her name… much easier to write the shortened version, rather than Isabella!

NG7IZZI

I added the glitter as an afterthought, paining on Ice Stickles. They’ve almost run out but I can’t complain because I’ve probably had them for 15 years or even more!

NG7E IZZI

I’ve used a stencil on the background, so I’ll link this to Make My Monday’s Stencil Stories Challenge.

I’m also linking to Addicted to Stamps and More, where the challenge is to Make your Mark.

I also have a journal page to share. While thinking about all that I’m thankful for, I got stuck in this verse in Ephesians, so just had to journal it. It’s a simple page, using mainly die cuts over an Oxide background, but I like it. I gave up trying to keep my die cuts white when adding them to colourful backgrounds a long time ago – I’m not the cleanest of crafters anyway, and especially not when using glue Sad smile but they also tend to soak up the colour behind them when the background is inky.

NG7B BLESSED WITH EVERY BLESSING

I’ll link this to Art Journal Journey, where the challenge is Old and New. We’re blessed with new blessings every day, so I think this counts Smile

I’m also linking to Word Art Wednesday – ATG.

And of course, I’m linking to AEDM Day 7.  I’m out for the rest of the day, but I’ll try to get round your blogs later, folks!

aedmlogored

That’s all for now… I have a birthday princess to celebrate!

Thanks for looking

See you soon

Cath

xxx

13 very kind comments from lovely people:

johanna said...

this birthday card is just won-der-ful... give izzy a hug:)
i also like the journaling page. the colors look marvellous (now i couldn´t withstand the oxide ones any longer and just got mine... luscious!)

Meggymay said...

I am grinning after seeing the fun stamps you used on Izzy's card it looks fab.
Your journal page is also beautiful, The background colours look wonderful.
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

This card is simply AMAZING! I love all about it and I bet Isabella loves it as well! And the page of gratefulness is beautiful as well dear Cath!

Thank you so much for adding it to the November collection at Art Journal Journey!
Happy Birthday to your little princess!


Big hugs, Susi

WendyK said...

Just love the background for your lovely journal page. You can't better distress inks to make backgrounds, what ever did we do without them.!!

My name is Erika. said...

Cath that is an adorable card. I hope Izzy has/had a fantastic birthday. And your journal page is super. I love the white dots and how they have a slightly transparent effect! It really make the whole page magical. Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ Cath. See you tomorrow at AEDM. Hugs-Erika

Ellibelle said...

Two wonderful creations, the card is super cute and fun and gorgeous page too. Hope she had a fantastic birthday!
Thank you so much for joining us this month at Penny Black and More challenge! Hope you join in again soon!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

brenda said...

What a real fun card for your Granddaughter Cath, it definitely made me smile ans sure she will as well, many thanks for joining in with our 'Make someone smile' theme at Penny Black and More challenge.And of course I love the inky journal page, ater all it has a tree and I'm a self confessed Treeaholic.

B x

EmmaT said...

Fantastic fun birthday card, using my latest fav stamps of the Katzelkraft farm animals. Thank you for joinign us at Make My Monday. Emma

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I would have been by earlier, but I've been offline due to my internet and telephone being down. My friend got my internet going again, but not my phone.

You always have such great cards. This one really had me smiling. Loved the journal page, and it is simply perfect for Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey. Thanks for joining us there.

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful journal page - thank you so much for joining us at Word Art Wednesday this fortnight.
Blessings
Maxine DT

K M Meena Herale said...

Lovely work, Thank you for joining at Addicted to Stamps and More and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena DT

Neet said...

A lovely journal page Cath but what a fabulous card for Izzi. It rather stole the show for me. Hope it and the birthday cake went down well for you and the children (and grown ups) and you all had a super time.
Hugs, Neet xx