'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday 28 November 2018

I’ve had a free day today, so I’ve been enjoying the quiet of my craft room… bliss!

Only 2 more days left in November… I thought I’d be relieved, but I’m beginning to realise I’ll miss my (almost) daily visits to the AEDM peeps… but I’m sure Christmas prep will soon take over! Good AND bad but definitely busy… and I can see most of you at Art Journal Journey.

Today, day 28, I’m thankful for flowers.

Earlier today, I went into my yard to check the bulbs I’d planted and was pleasantly surprised at just how many fuchsias are still in bloom. I love them at any time but they just looked especially beautiful this morning because I didn’t expect them. (I should explain that in England a yard isn’t a garden, as it is in the US, but a paved area behind the house, most often found in older terraced (all joined together) houses, like mine. This house is over 100 years old and was owned by the builder of the whole terrace – about 8 houses and 2 small shops - so it’s a little bigger than the others and had just been completely renovated when I moved in . I keep lots of pots of flowers, herbs, hanging baskets and other things there.)

My journal page is a stark contrast to yesterday’s plain page (now with more stamping and stencilling added) – it’s busy – way TOO busy, really but I was having fun Smile I was in French mode, so did a lot of my journalling and stamping in French but the torn text is in English.

NG28 FLEURS

As usual, the die cuts have absorbed some of the Oxide inks behind them but I don’t mind that. The black flowers are stencilled, not stamped, but they are embossed because I used Versafine ink to stencil with.

I’d forgotten I also intended posting this pic of my favourite floral treat – when in season – I’ve only recently begun to love tulips, but love the fact that as they are decaying, they open up and gradually change colour, displaying an amazing range of hues and looking more and more beautiful – a bit like Autumn leaves. I keep them until they really are falling apart.

20180126_100953[1]

I made some cards for a couple of challenges, too.  In keeping with the Floral theme, I made this one…

JARS FLOWERS 1

…which fits in nicely with the challenge over at

Addicted to Stamps and more - photo inspiration

This one is for Moo Mania and More – Trees

TOMORROW IS NEW

I also made another tree card – I think the grey, dark weather was influencing my choices, today.

GREY CLOUDS

This one is for Time Out’s Black, White and one colour challenge

FRIENDS ARE ANGELS BW1

and also for

Craft Creations, Anything Goes

and

Casology – Girl

I am, of course, also linking to AEDM

aedmlogored

Thank you for stopping by

See you again soon, hopefully tomorrow

Cath

xxx

13 very kind comments from lovely people:

Joan said...

Wow Cath, you never cease to amaze me with your lovely pieces of art and I love how you have a totally appropriate quote for each piece , I have quite a lot of quote stamps( nothing like your collection) but I never seem to gave the right one!

Joan x

TammyVitale said...

You certainly are prolific! How do you do all that in one day? Did I read that correctly?

I love the colors in your tulips. I don't grow them because the squirrels dig them up and eat them. But I have always loved them, and tried for years. I might get one good year and then gone.

Lovely work!

Meggymay said...

Wow Cath you have had a super crafty day. I love the journal page you created and loved the colours and all the detail.
Your cards all looked fabulous, you have so many great ideas.
Yvonne xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

I love the sentiment on your "friends are angels" card - so true. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Joy Wilson said...

I love your journal page and the contrast of the white flowers! Your layers are exquisite. I’m so glad you had a fabulous day! Thank you for joining us and good luck with your entry!
Hugs, Joy
Craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You create more in a single day than I do in FOUR. These cards are gorgeous, and I love how well you color them, too. Of course, I was especially impressed with your beautiful journal page. I am always a big fan of anything French. Of course, I adore the stenciled flowers, as well as the die cuts.

These are all ridiculously gorgeous.

Rosie said...

Wow, Cath, a gorgeous bunch of artwork

Thank you so much for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

froebelsternchen said...

My gosh - what a fantastic array of art Cath!
You are definitely on a roll -
AMAZING! And thanks a lot for joining us over at Moo Mania & More!
Much appreciated!
Hugs Susi

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a wonderful array of wonderful creativity! I especially love the sentiment on the Time Out card - and well, everything else about it. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out! It's always a joy to ahve you!

Marcie Sharp said...

Fantastic creations! You have been very busy being creative- so awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology.

Gwendolyn said...

Its nice to have a day just for crafting isn't it? And you certainly put it to good use with the gorgeous cards you created! Thanks for sharing them with us at Addicted to Stamps and More and I look forward to seeing your wonderful creations again soon. Hugs, Gwendolyn

Lynn said...

Wow ! So much fabulous inspiration. I'm jealous of your gorgeous blooms!

Thank you for playing with us at Time Out!

Anke said...

Oh Cath all your cards are so beautiful ...

Greetings from Germany
Anke