'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday 15 November 2018

(Edited…)

(Please accept my apologies if you think I’m not commenting on your posts – I am!  Sadly, my comments seem to be disappearing into the ether, even if I click on Preview, which is my usual ‘fix’. So sorry. I’ll keep trying Winking smile)

I woke up this morning to beautiful Autumn sunshine – again!  I really AM thankful for the mild Autumn we’ve had until now in NW UK. Seeing a bright, sunny day makes it so much easier to be thankful.

I made a quick, very simple journal page to celebrate it... the birds are die cuts and I really like them Smile

I love trees and I know I’m not on my own… my sons have, in turn, called me tree hugger, tree woman and bird woman.  I think they think they’re insulting me but nah, I think it’s great! I’m a nature lover and proud of it and I DO hug trees – or at least touch them. There’s something very powerful about a tree and especially the older ones. They’ve seen a lot of history and withstood a lot, with storms, wind, rain, lightning, drought, snow… yet they stand tall and solid. You can almost hear them breathing if you listen closely enough… Winking smile

This tree doesn’t look very old. It’s one of Lynne Moncrief’s stamp designs from That’s Crafty and there are some fab words on the plate, too. 

NG15 AUTUMN SUNSHINE

There are a couple of Winter Foliage challenges around – a little early for over here, but I thought I’d give it a go. I hunted through my ‘C’ (eeek! the ‘C’ word!) stamps and found this stamp. It came with a spider attached and a little verse about the legend of the Christmas spider. I didn’t want that, so I cut it off.

SSS Wednesday have an All that Glitters is Gold challenge at the moment, so I stamped the verse in Versamark and embossed, but the small font was lost in the dark background, so I stamped again on white and made a narrow tag from it. The small decoration (or spider’s webs…) are gold glittered.

WF WINTER GOLD

WF WINTER GOLD GLITTER

This is a simpler version, with no background colour. I coloured the pine cones and the strings in gold ink. I decided to use a die cut word, so I inked it with Versamark ink, then embossed it with Gold Glitter EP. I haven’t used that for about 10 years! The gems were added as an afterthought, just to add more sparkle. The edges were dragged (roughly, as you can see) through a Gold Delicata inkpad.

WF GLITTER GOLD

WF GLITTER GOLD CLOSEUP

The Winter Foliage challenges are at

Make My Monday
and

Daring Cardmakers

Shopping Our Stash have a Tic Tac Toe challenge:-

nov2018

I’ve used the Diagonal from bottom left to top right; Smooshing Technique, Stamp (way) more than 5 years old and Heat embossing.

I’m also linking to AEDM – Art Every Day Month. I’ll be round to visit your blogs later on today, folks  Winking smile

That’s all for today. Thank you for stopping by.

See you soon

Cath

xxx

9 very kind comments from lovely people:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your comments seem to work on my blog. I think it has to do with the way comments are set up.

Your journal page is lovely. I adore how you blended the background and was able to stamp directly on the page. Brave girl.

I'm afraid I'm not exactly ready for the C word, either but both these cards are absolutely fantastic.

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous cards and journal page Cath. The words and sentiments are super.

I often start off a comment and find it disappears as I am typing it. I have found that if I wait a bit for the blog I am visiting to fully load before I begin, I cross my fingers and it seems to work. I've never tried clicking on preview, I will remember that tip.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Some beautiful work Cath. That journal page looks just like a place I want to be. It is so cold and raw and pre-snow here that I don't want to be outside. So i can dream with your journal page. Hugs-Erika

johanna said...

i love your "autumn sunshine" with the shadows you painted... and the cards are bringing me into advent mood... awesome!!
(regarding comments: i do like yvonne wrote...)

Dawn said...

Beautiful creations. These are just stunning. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

Mimi said...

Way to go! Lots of beauty in your cards! I am a tree-lover as well and always have been: went to school for forestry! I love trees and all the natural resources they yield (including awesome crafting paper!) I can understand completely about cutting off the spider, though that is a neat holiday story. Thanks for sharing at Shopping Our Stash.

Donna said...

Fantastic project!!
Thanks for playing TIC TAC TOE with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH this week!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Your card is lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash! Cyndi, DT