'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday 4 November 2018

I know, it’s Sunday… but I was out until silly o’clock on Friday (friend’s son’s band album launch) and yesterday, I tackled my granddaughter’s birthday rainbow cake… and couldn’t keep my eyes open when I’d finished. Definitely getting too old for very late nights/early mornings Sad smile

Saturday’s thankful offering was beautifully stamped until I decided it needed more definition, so I’d add some white pen…and ruined it! I had to improvise with some lettering which took me a LOT longer than it should have done – probably because I was still tired from the night before, lol. I also lost most of my greens, but there’s a silver lining – I ended up cutting up the second words stamp and  like it much better now I have more placement choices.

I must have been in ‘rainbow mode’ because I started with a rainbow background and one of my favourite Lavinia stamps…I think these thistles are just amazing! The smaller individual words stamps are from the Penny Black Snippets range – a very useful set of stamps.

My Granddaughter, Izzi, loves colour and especially rainbows – and has done since she was 2. She’s six this week. How time flies…I think of her every time I use bright colours and/or make rainbows.

Saturday was thankfulness for friends day. I really am blessed to have amazing friends, who have been friends for longer than I care to admit. They are always there and always ready to come running if something happens.

NG3

The theme over at Time Out Challenges is…

timeout friends quote (1)

While the card above would qualify for that, this card was made specifically with the quote in mind. I believe happiness comes from within and is definitely a choice at times…

IMPERFECT CATS

I had fun with this (another Katzelcraft image) but when I’d scanned the card, I realised the eyes needed something more, so I added some little gems. I didn’t have any green ones, so I coloured them with Promarkers, though it’s hardly visible. I’m not a cat lover but I’ve definitely had a ‘thing’ for cat images lately.

20181024_143413

There are quite a few Anything Goes challenges around at the moment, so I’d like to enter the following:-

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

Just Keep on Creating

Creatalicious Challenges, ATG + Embossing

A Perfect Time to Craft

Brown Sugar – Thankful

I’ll be back with another Thankful/Gratitude offering soon…

Thanks for looking

Cath

xxx

9 very kind comments from lovely people:

brenda said...

Another two lovely creations Cath, the rainbow of colours on the first totally appeals and that cat image is so sweet.

I can't do late anymore either, far prefer to be tucked up at a sensible time. Right, came to my computer to do a Tesco order so better get it done as the fridges are looking very sad, I did a quick shop in the village for essentials when we got home and that was it.

B x

froebelsternchen said...

Two beautiful creations Cath!
Wonderful done as always! You never cease to amaze with your creations, whatever theme you deal with!

Happy start to the new week for you! Hugs, Susi

Meggymay said...

Fantastic cards Cath, you have a super collection of stamped images.
Yvonne xx

suzARTe said...

Love love love this, the words really resonate with me and I love the design of the text, a very artistic and meaningful card.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at the

November 2018 Anything goes link-up at Just Keep On Creating.

Alina Florea said...

2 gorgeous cards! Love the composition and how the colors just blend together. They are very complex and detailed. Thank you for entering our challenge at Brown Sugar and good luck! Alina DT

Anita in France said...

Those thistle silhouettes are so striking against the lovely rainbow colours, Cath ... such a gorgeous glow! What delicious cats with their jewelled eyes ... the smooshy background is dreamy ... and I love the 'sentiment' ... wise words and so true! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Lisa Kind said...

Both of your cards are beautiful! I love the sentiments on both as well. Thanks for playing our Time Out challenge.

Creations by Shirl said...

Great backgrounds! TFS it with BSChallenge~

Melanie said...

Lovely cards!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional embossing (wet or dry)” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…