'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday 22 November 2018

Today I just want to wish all of you Happy Thanksgiving!

I’m counting my blessings… I know we don’t celebrate in the UK, but maybe we should… I used my favourite Oxide colour combination and simply concentrated on saying Thanks.

NG22 HAPPY THANKSGIVING

We don’t yet have snow, though some parts of the UK have, but it’s certainly cold… so I thought I’d link these to the Simon Says Stamp challenges.

SSS Wednesday – Baby, It’s Cold Outside

I stamped the snowflakes and the words in Versamark, embossed in white powder, then sponged three different shades of blue Oxides over, finishing off with the large Woodware die cut snowflakes embossed in Stampendous Frantage Chunky White powder (which is also scattered over the background) and a couple of EK Success snowflake punches, with some Nuvo Sparkle drops.

BABY ITS COLD

SSS Monday – Let it Snow

This is a Michael Powell design from Do Crafts, coloured with Promarkers and spattered with Dylusions White Linen.

LET IT SNOW

I’m also linking to Art Every Day Month – AEDM

It’s not too late to join in – it’s fun to see what people share each day.

Thanks for looking

Back soon

Cath

xxx

8 very kind comments from lovely people:

Meggymay said...

Awesome cards Cath. The one with the snowflakes reflects the coldness of the day [well here in the NE] its was what we call shivering weather today.
Yvonne xx


johanna said...

all three cards show the coldness so well. awesome colors! and the last one refers to the advent decorations which are coming up quickly now...
xox

Let's Art Journal said...

Amazing cards! I love the elegance of your snowflake design and your village scene 😁. The houses are beautifully coloured and the splatters look just like snow - perfect! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Wishing you a happy Friday and weekend! J 😊 x

WendyK said...

Fabulous cards Cath, just love the blue ones. My favourite colours as well. Thank you for your continued visits to my blog, much appreciated.

froebelsternchen said...

These are simply amazing Cath! Happy weekend!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Baby it's cold outside! BRRR, but I like all three of these cards. I really like the last one with the houses so beautifully colored. Even the shading was perfect.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Forgot to thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes. It is my favorite holiday with no expectation of gifts or other pressures. I am grateful you thought of us in the states with this gorgeous card.

Lin said...

Beautiful work, Cath, and each one a little treasure! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!