'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 27 November 2018

This fortnight’s challenge at Try it on Tuesday is Winter Wonderland. We’d love to see you there Winking smile

TIOT WINTER WONDERLAND CATH

I used torn paper and Distress Oxides to create mounds of snow around my first and second generation stamped and embossed trees. I painted Ice Stickles on for the glistening snow and sprinkled Stampendous Frantage Chunky White embossing powder around to represent falling snow.

TIOT WINTER WONDERLAND CATH SNOW AND GLITTER

That’s Crafty also have a Winter Wonderland challenge and the SSS Wednesday challenge is Baby it’s Cold Outside.

I’m thankful for seasons for Day 27 of my November Thankfulness… I may not enjoy every single thing about every season, but the hard parts make the good bits all the more enjoyable and I appreciate them more. My brother came back to England from New Zealand because he missed seasons… and while he was living there, came home each Christmas for the winter weather.

The challenge at Sweet Stampin is Whatever the Weather, so thinking of weather and seasons, I made this...

NG27 WEATHER

‘Everywhere you go, you always take the weather with you’… one of my favourite songs!

I’m also linking to AEDM (almost forgot…)

I missed Day 26, so I’ll be back later with more art…

We would love to see you over at TIOT with your Winter Wonderland art Smile

Thank you for looking

See you soon

Cath

xxx

13 very kind comments from lovely people:

johanna said...

i love your winter wonderland as well as your stormy rainbow. we have rainy snow here, not inviting to leave the house, but well, i´ll imagine a rainbow indoor;) xox

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful winter scene and quote! I love how you created the snow using the embossing enamel too - perfect 😁. Wishing you a happy new week! J 😊 x

Rosie said...

A very beautiful Winter scene, Cath

My name is Erika. said...

That's a beautiful card Cath. We are having snow right now (again) and outside my windows looks like your card. Very pretty! (But a pretty card is much better than the mess here). I do love the rainbows though. There is always one even after another 6+ inches of snow- ha-ha! Hope your day is going well. Hugs-Erika

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Cath this really is a scene of beauty, makes me want to put on my wellies and walk right into that untouched snow. Such a calming creation, although Winter may not be everyone's cup of Tea it's a good excuse to stay in your PJ's and cosy up on snowy days just like this.
Creative wishes Tracey x

Lin said...

Love your wintery woodland scene, Cath! I'd love to be standing there taking it all in! Thank you for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The beauty of the card lies in the stamping and the glitter you added to the snow. I am in love with the way you stamped those trees.

I liked your cute weather related card, too. It had me laughing at the stamped image. Well colored and made great use of the colors of the rainbow. Nice sentiment, too.

Once again, I'm really late visiting. What can I say, except I'm slow, but get here eventually!

Marjut said...

So beautiful cards!

Mrs.B said...

A beautiful card Cath, gorgeous wintry scene, so peaceful and it's a lovely quote. Love your colourful weather card too.
Avril xx

Joan said...

A fabulous wintry scene, can almost feel the cold!


Joan

Carol said...

Beautiful scenic card xx Have a lovely weekend xx

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely layered stamping of the trees to create your winter forest - it's gorgeous.
Alison x

Anke said...

WOW I love your winter scene, so lovely ...

Hugs
Anke