'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 13 November 2018

Good Morning, peeps!

Today, there’s a new challenge from Try it on Tuesday and the theme is Friends and Family.

I am so very thankful for my friends and for my family. We tend to take family for granted when they’re around all the time, don’t we?

During the last twenty years, both of my brothers and my parents emigrated to New Zealand, so I was the only one left in the UK. One brother came back, terribly homesick, but now lives in Shrewsbury.

I’m so blessed because my two boys are here and live not too far away. but my closest friends have become my family and are so, so precious. It’s no surprise, then that I chose to celebrate friends for this challenge. I’m very thankful for lovely friends.

I made this just after Set 5 of the Oxides arrived, so I used Victorian Violet and Dried Marigold inks. I’ve no idea who makes this stamp – it was a Blog Candy prize I won about ten years ago and this is the first time I’ve used it, but I love the simplicity of it.

FRIENDS ARE FAMILY

The small ‘Friends’ stamp, used repeatedly in the background, is an old Hero Arts stamp I use loads and loads – as I do the others in the set.

I do hope you’ll join us for this challenge. It’s a great opportunity to be thankful for precious family and friends.

Look forward to seeing your art!

I’ll link this to Art Every Day Month in November

aedmlogored

Artistic Inspirations, Anything Goes

Simon Says Stamp Monday, Thanks/Thanksgiving

Dragonfly Dreams, Anything Goes

Thank you so much for popping by – always good to see you Smile

See you soon

Cath

xxx

12 very kind comments from lovely people:

froebelsternchen said...

What a beautiful card! I love the idea of friends being the family that we choose by ourselves!

Big hugs, Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous card! The pretty colours, stamps and sentiment are perfect, it's such a lovely way to demonstrate how thankful you are for your friends 😀. This is ideal for our Try it on Tuesday theme! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge too and wishing you a happy new week! J 😊 x

Meggymay said...

A lovely post Cath and i really agree with your quote, friends are special people as well as our families.
It is a fantastic card and a super sentiment.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

I love your family and friends card. Those ladies are really fun! Wow, that is something to have your whole family move so far away. That must have been a tough adjustment. Usually it's just the kids who move off when they are young...hope you have a wonderful Tuesday Cath. Hugs-Erika

Rosie said...

A fabulous card, dear Cath

Marjut said...

A very wonderful card.

Joan said...

FB page Cath, love the fun image you have used and the subtle stamping in the background( I just found that set of stamps unused in a drawer!)


Joan

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love the quote you used - this is a truly fabulous card Cath, especially after reading why you chose to make it!Hugs,Chrisx

brenda said...

It's such a true saying Cath and I think in this day and age families rarely stay close so you are firtunate having your sons close by. Work and life in general takes family further afield as life gets busier for everyone and we appreciate even more those who are close. Our eldest daughter is right next door in our old farmhouse and we are granny and grandad in the garden in a new bungalow, but it is lovely having her close along with three of the grandchildren, it works well for all of use, not least her as she is a history tutor so we have done school runs and so on for years.

I can gabble when I get going, I came to admire your creation which is such a super take on the theme and yur background is as always most inspiring.

B x

johanna said...

that quote is perfect for me also! and aren´t those oxide inks just wonderful?
have a great day!

Barbara said...

Super gorgeous card! Love love love the quote and stamps, they work so well together! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! barbara

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love your friendship-themed card - very fun. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams challenge, Elizabeth (DT)