'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday 16 November 2018

Today I’m thankful for birds and for a song to sing!

So often, we admire someone else’s work – not just their art, but other things they do – or the way they look and we think of ourselves as second rate – just not good enough!

But each of us has a song to sing and the best way to sing that song is to simply be grateful for who you are and be true to yourself. Pale imitations are just that – pale and wishy washy and anything but authentic. But sometimes, it takes courage to just be ourselves.

I love birds… in my last house I was blessed by such a great variety of them and many of them were regular visitors, so they became ‘friends’, some of them even coming into the house to look for food – I kid you not! I miss that, but there’s always something new to celebrate. So today, I journalled my thoughts on singing my song…

NG16 BIRDS

I’m linking this to AEDM – Art Every Day Month

Thanks for stopping by

Back soon…

Cath

xxx

6 very kind comments from lovely people:

johanna said...

i do not only love your journal page, but your words in this post: so true and thoughtful! yes, let us sing our individual song! xox

WendyK said...

A lovely page Cath, I too love birds and don't see as many here as we did in Wales. Love the sentiments and colours on your background.

Meggymay said...

Cath there is something special listening to bird song. It is a fabulous journal page and great words.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Cath, this is a great page. I love the bold singing bird image you used. And how right you are. I hate those days when I am feeling blue. Usually why, I don't know but it makes you feel like what you do isn't right or the best. You sure passed on some encouraging words. Thanks! Have a great start to your weekend. Hugs-Erika

marilyn said...

Thank you for your uplifting words...you're right of course..It does take courage to be yourself. Very well written... And your card is delightful too!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Trying to play catch up here. I KNOW how far behind I am! This is a beautiful page with uplifting words of wisdom, too. It really DOES take courage to be ourselves, but when that happens, no one can take it from you.